Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Still here!

And...still not doing a whole lot of cooking sadly, and probably won't be getting a food post in in the next few weeks.  It's nearly time for us to start working on the nursery--so I'll attempt to hold you over with a survey.  Sound good?  I found this survey on vegan soapbox, it was posted during Veganmofo last year--I missed veganmofo this year too, but next year be prepared!  I'm not missing out again!

1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Jasmine tea when we went out for Chinese food--I can't wait to have the baby so I can have lots of teas again!

2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I actually don't really post on any vegan boards, I should hop to that shouldn't I? lol

3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Tofu Parmigiana--I'm not sure how I'd make it exactly, but I'd pull it off.

4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
4 or 5 a day, but I have many more in my list--I just have to wait for updates to read 'em.

5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Vegan Dad--he's a fave of both of us, especially knowing that he's going through the fun of raising vegan kids like we soon will be.

6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
Hmmm...Probably Isa from PPK--we use her cookbooks like crazy and she seems like she'd be a lot of fun.  Of course, I'm kind of shy, so I'd rather avoid most people.

7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Probably tofu because it's easier to find, but if I had a good supply of seitan....oh yeah, that texture wins.

8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Frozen Tofu--great for bludgeoning people with.

9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Hmmm....likely a tofu stir-fry, it's easy enough to do...followed up with a baked tofu smothered in gravy with some collards on the side--maybe mashed potatos too(I think I might have tonights dinner figured out), and lastly...a spinach quiche made with silken tofu!

10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Ask me to list the recipes in vegan blogland I haven't been eyeing, it's far shorter.

11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
No, but I'd love to, just haven't gotten around to it I suppose.  I'm pretty sure I'll end up putting some vegan messages on onesies for the baby though.

12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
No.  What I wouldn't give to be able to honeymoon there though.  We WILL go someday, and then we will go back.

13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
First vegan...17.  Vegetarian at 14.  It didn't "stick" either time because I have family *coughdadcough* that is not too understanding of my eating habits.  I was pretty much given an "Eat meat or starve ultimatium at one point, and well...I do have a bit of a will to live.  He's gotten much better about it, and even eats a bit of tofu or polenta himself at times now.

14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
The worst?  I'm not sure I can decide that.  It was likely cooked by me though, I've gone through some...interesting experimental phases when it comes to food.

15. What made you decide to blog?
I think a big part of it is my love of cooking and a desire to share my semi-healthy habits with others.  Also, I love to write, why not combine my love of food and that love to make something that could be quite tasty/beautiful?



16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
Pasta--quick, cheap, and easy.
Burritos--quick, cheap, easy, and beany.
Waffles--with these I can let my imagination run wild and put in a whole array of interesting things.

17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
Ooh I wish one of those would exist around here.  Likely a dessert, or perhaps the sweet potato apple muffins I first made not too long ago.  They have just a hint of sweetness, loads of good healthy vibes, and are quite satisfying.

18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
An appetizer combo at the Casbah in Jacksonville, FL--with food items such as Dolmas(stuffed grape leaves), falafels, hummus, taboleh salad, and imjaddarah.  I can't count how many times I went out and ordered a combination(or all of) these and a hookah with a sweet mint tea and just enjoyed the zen-out period of relaxation it brings.

19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
Hmm...maybe a Mama Fu's or Moe's...but since I don't live anywhere near those anymore--Subway or Quizno's is going to win it.

20. My kitchen needs ………
A decent food processor...I guess that's all it really NEEDS...and the list of wants is far too long to write down.


21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
I can't imagine not allowing a certain veggie in my kitchen, I seriously can't even think of one I don't like!

22. What’s for dinner tonight?
That's the million dollar question isn't it?

23. Compose your perfect vegan sandwich, right now.
Roasted red pepper hummus, avacado, tomato, cucumber, and bean sprouts in a whole wheat pita--maybe with some black olives too.

24. Add a question here!
To the readers, what do you wish more vegan blogs discussed? (I'm keeping this question, it's a good one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment